Friday, October 17, 2008

the joURneY of LifE

Life is not a bed of roses...
there are always ups and downs that we ought to overcome or go through because that IS the journey of life. To think that you are the unluckiest person in the world is seriously a selfish behaviour, at least for a normaL persOn like me. There are times when I would just think about how unlucky I am over some minor incidents. Nevertheless, I would once in a while remind myself about how fortunate I am to have a great family, a dad who cares a lot about me, a mum who's so loving and protective, a brother who behaves like one ,hahaha..a warm and cozy house to shelter so that I wouldn't get struck by the lightning(here comes my confession~i am afraid of lightning&thunder at times >< ), a bunch of great, understanding friends who share almost the same memories in life and of course, I'm blessed to be healthy.
Mentioning about healthiness and happiness, there's a great drama which anyone who had watched it(the complete series without skipping any of the scenes or episodes=p) had at least shedded some tears or perhaps a litre of tears and got their heart moved by the based-on-true-story-drama=One LitRE of TearS. No matter you are a cold-blodded(or not), I wouldn't be suprised that your heart would be moved by a number of scenes in this Jap drama^^That is the most touching drama I have ever watched, which would constantly remind me about how fortunate I aM to be here, to attend a college, to be with my friends, and to have a future..and to plan it. Imagine if you are so normal, and one day...you can no longer walk on your own feet, unable to communicate , unable to attend college, no longer have a future and would die as a consequence of the sickness ----------------------
The world would be a complete darkness and you would feel as though ur a piece of log, floating and heading nowhere, battling with the misfortune trying to survive a little longer......while the friends of yours are graduating, getting a carrier, travelling overseas, getting married and fulfilling their dreams.
It is as if your life is dooMed, no one would help you and you are living in a whole new world, a completely different world;a silent yet cruel and tormenting world. No matter how caring your friends are, it is impossible for them to grieve on your sickness, as they are now living in another dimension. No matter how good-looking you are, u might be dumped by your ah-so-loving-partner...unless he/she truly loves you for what you are .
A relative of mine had gone through the same thing, and it had obviously affected at least a bit of my emotions. Gifted with such high intelligence and great performance in academic, great personalities and good looks and talents, we would all have thought that the relative of mine was guranteed a great future. Yet, who would have imagined that such young lad could just pass away because of leukaemia at the age of 20???Time has passed but the courage and determination he had to live on had taught me an important lesson in life.Even merely the acceptance of having cancer at such young age needs a mountain of courage and motivation to live on.. therefore I am glad that I'm here as what I am now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home